View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Pot control or protection? Discuss this texture

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you don't want to be controlling the pot here, you want to be building a big one. You arent folding anywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking for a fold. I was wondering if I should be looking for a safe turn before commiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to fold this hand in a 3-bet pot then why are you waiting for a safe turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
It increases the playability of my hand. Or it could. If he has a funny draw, he has less equity with one card to come. If he has a mediocre hand, he might widen his range because he thinks it's good.

As a summary: I see that almost all of you want to bet the flop. There has been a good exchange of arguments and what it boils down to - as always in marginal spots - is, how you weigh the risks against each other.

For those who care, here are the results:

I checked behind. The turn was a blank 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain checked again. I bet $3.5 and he folded. So looks like QQ, AQ or AJs maybe. I'll never know.

So thanks everyone for participating. Really good discussion. I think everyone could take away something from it since a lot of fundamentals were ventilated here.

Feel free to discuss further if you want to. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]