View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

I absolutely think that we have to fire again here. Remember, the CO called a preflop raise from us. The only hands that might have hit that board harder than we did are pocket pairs like 99 (or the rare 77/55, given our hand). The other hands with legitimate value on this board are like the overcard/flush draw type hands, and those hands are so much more common given the preflop action that we absolutely must bet here.

The queen is a very safe card for us. Though I think we are going to gave to give action if we get checkraised again because of the possibility of our villian having A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or a hand like 88, maybe 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8x. The problem, though, is that it's very difficult for villian to put us on a very strong hand because we raised preflop, which means I think we are committed to putting in the rest of our stack here unless a bad card comes on the river. I bet 500 here, call another checkraise, call a river bet and check behind if checked to.