View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Who Made The Bigger Mistake? -- Stars $73+7 Bubble Play

DVault,

Normally I try and read everyone's posts, but I've read a few and it seems they don't understand the situation.

6 handed it's folded to you, you have pocket 8's likely the best hand, you did exactly what I would of done push. You're heads up with K-J perfect you're 54% to win.

did you make the RIGHT play tournament strategy wise? to me this is an all in or fold spot making a small raise you're not going to call an all in most likely, you don't want to forfeit chips as the blinds are continuing to go up and you're already somewhat short. I'm not folding in this spot. 88 you might not see another hand that good in the next 30, if you're not going to get aggressive when you're the short stack at the table with 88 folded around to you in the SB, when are you going to get aggressive?

I agree with another poster I do not think either of you made a mistake. You certainly did not.

The BB, if I'm him I'm not going to make a habit of making this call but he had a chip stack to work with and he had an opportunity to knock an opponent out of the tournament that is Huge, so I can't fault him for trying to knock you out and win his seat