View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: outing lent53

I really don't know why I'm replying to this thread again, but anyway ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would never even CONSIDER calling a bet like that on the river.
It bothers me because its not even like this was a tough situation or marginal spot, because its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have more problems with this after thinking about it some. on the river, when you know you cant profitably call, but your opponent is gonna be bluffing x%, its a great time to dc. you are essentially freerolling for the amount of times the opponent is bluffing. this excuse is complete bs.

a lot of ppl are willing to give lent the benefit of the doubt here and thats fine. ill allow that it could have been bad timing but i do still think that this particular time it was deliberate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I don't know lent, and he could be a total dirtbag for all I know. However, surely as a poker player you have to accept that essentially everybody is at some stage going to disconnect from the site while in the middle of a hand. A certain percentage of these disconnects are going to look suspicious to those involved and to observers. I honestly don't understand the line you're taking here. I would be pretty annoyed if this had happened to me originally, but at this stage I would have accepted that in all likelihood it was just unfortunate timing. If you can come up with more evidence I'm more then ready change bandwagon.