View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]

2) Gamestop's customer base is kids. Teenagers, and poor people in their early 20s. Basically people without a lot of discretionary income. You can't argue that "most people wouldn't abuse this policy", are you kidding me? Any kid would. I would. I don't know where you live, or what socioeconomic background you come from, but I personally and a lot of my friends who are in their early 20s do abuse various store return policies. I have on occasion bought clothes and returned them after wearing. I do this often with books, since the library books are old and crappy. For most stores, this kind of [censored] is built into the price. For stores that market to teenagers, having no return policy outweighs the cost of having one. Which brings me to my next point,

3) There's a reason that MOST big chain stores have these policies. They aren't idiots. They have analysts and consultants that have beat the issue to death and concluded that this was probably the most +EV policy to have. It wasn't like some douchebag one day was like "Haha, no returns!!" If a big corporation has a policy like this, it's because it's been researched to be the most profitable policy to have. Yes, they lose business from people like you, but the benefits of having this policy outweigh the benefits of having your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even dumb feminists have friends that would abuse it. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1