View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: NL 10: Call Stations, What To Do?

[ QUOTE ]
thanks.. I try to play straightforward and not catch a case of FPS, I was just wondering if there are a few modifications for the lower stakes..

it just seems I get called by so many bad hands and I go on rather large swings (sometime 7-10 buyins up and down). Does that just come with the territory of playing such low stakes with so many limpers??

[/ QUOTE ]

Large swings are common no matter what stakes you play at.
I've played 10NL online for a while. After a while, it becomes almost a grind. I don't make big plays, big bluffs, I just play ABC poker. It's not necessarily good poker, but it's what's the most successful at the limits we play at. Once I move to 10/25 (hopefully in a few weeks), then I'll start opening up my game, but at 10NL, YOU DON'T HAVE TO, people will pay you off no matter what. They don't pay attention to the fact you haven't raised in 10 hands. Many don't notice position. They can't/don't calculate odds, and always think you're bluffing. That being said, the biggest piece of advice I could give you is to play complete straightforward poker. Never raise-bluff someone unless they've shown you multiple times they have the skills to lay down a good hand to strength.