View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM

Default CheaterStars and Fake Locations

Stars has a horrible track record catching and dealing with cheaters appropriately (ZeeJustin, the "bot" they were sure was a bot, but still returned the funds).

But just as worrying are their player verification systems. I've frequently been at tables with regular players who have locations such as

get ur mouse off me
ur a moron
im with stupid
my chat is banned : )
nowheresville
and many more.

The problem is not these names as such, but the fact that anyone can enter any location they like, and Stars appears not to care. The guy from Chicago could easily be from Dallas, along with his colluder buddy listed as Dallas (or Miami or London).

Some of the players with these false locations are regulars and some of them I'm fairly sure are winners at $100 and $200 NL tables who would have cashed out before. Yet their location hasn't changed. It's amusing that Stars goes to the trouble of listing locations in all player lists - a necessary invasion of privacy in order to stop collusion - yet allows cheaters and colluders to put any location they like. Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of providing locations in the first place?

Just as worrying (maybe not to most of you) is the fact that underage players apparently have a free ride at Stars. All that's needed is an inter account transfer from a friend, and away they go. There doesn't seem to be any verification of personal details, or any disincentive for getting caught.

Is anyone else concerned by Stars' lack of action on this issue? At Party I've only seen a false location very rarely, and never with a regular. Party clearly cares more about this issue than Stars.