View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Get away from QQ preflop vs peachy?

[ QUOTE ]

Mcnasty,

whats key is peachys read on hero's range pf, and his read on hero's range for 5-bet shoving...

more importantly, in analyzing peachy's play, ur not accounting for the equity of being capable of bluffing here instead of just always having KK-AA, which is pretty huge so i dont think ur analysis describes the situation particularly well

metagame etc
-jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is though that people are asking for reads and history when the original poster specficially states that there really aren't any. When that happens I think you have to resort to deciding what the standard ranges are for the particular stakes. Here I think the standard 3 bet range is something like 50% AK/JJ+, 25% AJ+/KQ/22-TT, 25% SC/Axs/trash. The standard 5-bet range is pretty much QQ+ and AKs but if anything its wider including AKo. I think Peachy is definitely capable of making a play to foster and aggressive image and is definitely capable of 4 betting as a resteal if he thinks the 3 bettors range is too wide or his 5 betting range is too narrow. If the oop had already played thousands of hands with peachy I would agree that you can't really get an answer mathematically. But without history I think you sort of have to reach an answer based on math and logic rather than emotional states, metagame, and timing issues. I think the only way you can really say my analysis is wrong is if you think peachy is too wild to have any regard for standard ranges or you think my perception of the standard ranges is off.