View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Established Affiliate w/ FTP seeking advice from other affiliates....

I am a small affiliate for Tilt...
I have maybe 30 players that signed up using my code and was well on my way to having quite a pyramid of players and sub's under me when the UIGEA was whirled upon us...
Shortly after Neteller was taken away from the US most of my players action was lost...
Now all of a sudden I am getting a decent amount of action again and I plan on going back to work using my own innovative ways to gain new accounts. I would tell you what they are but someone might be an affiliate in my area and I don't want them using my own marketing ideas against me....Nonetheless when all the hubub with Party, Neteller, etc...closing shop to US players went down, FTP started a very aggressive affiliate approach and I think I even remember a time when you could get your existing FTP accounts that weren't linked with rakeback linked to rakeback because FTP was trying to steamroll all the Party players onto their site....
There are a ton of ads, banners, links, etc...on every poker related site (this one included) offering 27% rakeback if you sign up with this affiliate etc....
Meanwhile I have emailed, and emailed, and emailed, to the FTP affiliate email address requesting an increase of what my % of rakeback off of my players is (Currently starts @ 20%) so that I can offer more of an incentive to prospective accounts and somewhat compete with the larger affiliates. I was told to send them a new list of ideas and methods that I will use to acquire new accounts and I did so but still not even a return email from them....
I never plan or expect, nor desire, to be a "mega affiliate". I am not going to get hundreds of accounts from banner clicks on a website. However most of my players are coming from underground poker rooms, college campuses, and business owners who like to play in their spare time...so when I do get new players to sign up with FTP I am going to get a decent amount of play from them and to be 100% honest with you.... some of my newer players under me don't even know of rakeback so I don't have to offer it to all of them. Since most of my FTP players are somewhat local to them I instead offer them other means of convenience such as....
I sometimes work as a payment processor for them. Joe Blow calls me up and needs $400 in his FTP account I transfer it to him from my player account and get the cash from him at a designated time...If I know the player well I will sometimes even let him/her pay me in installments. If a player has a good run and would like to cash out some money I let them transfer the money to my player account and I give them the cash. I did these things before Neteller went down and now they are even MORE of an advantage to my players.
What can I do to get tilt to offer me more of a % share...I know a ton of affiliates are starting off higher than 20% even if they don't get to the $10000 gross mark for the increase in % share.
Why is Tilt's affiliate address so slow in getting back to people? Do they only have 1 person that works for the affiliates? I mean it has been 6-7 weeks since I last sent an email to them that has still not been returned with an answer???

BTW....
Does anyone know if they still offer the CD's that have your affiliate code embedded in them???
If so do you have to buy a lot of them at the $1 per CD price? Or can you just buy one and copy it???

Thanks,
Chad