View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Default AK on low coord board; check behind turn, river K

villain is 28/16/3 over 250 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

thoughts on the turn check? my thinking was that this guy is either on a slowplayed big hand or a draw. he is really aggressive and I don't want to be blown off the best hand by a turn c/r, which could easily be a semibluff. If I am ahead giving a free card isn't too big a mistake because the pot is very small, and I would expect villain to bluff his no SD value busted draws on the river which I would snap off.

River: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I raise the river? If villain is bluffing there is no value in a raise, and if he was slowplaying a big hand I'm just going to get 3bet (which I wouldn't fold to. I should though right?).

I would expect a weaker made hand to have c/r me on the flop, and if not I'd expect that villain would try and induce a bluff on this river. also I don't think a lesser K is likely here because villain shouldn't be peeling the flop with overcards.