View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:16 PM

Default How do you like to play against maniacs like this??

Playing NL200, guy ran at around 65/35. Very bad. He'd bet every street until someone showed aggression. For example, I saw him 3B JJ pre-flop (from 8 to 64!!), then bet 3 streets when checked to w/ a KQx flop, ultimately losing $400 on the hand.

I had a hand with him where he called my PFR w/ Q8h out of one of the blinds. I called his flop donk, raised his turn, and put him AI on the river when he checked to me w/ a flop of AQx.

How bad he is really isn't the point, I guess. The thing that made me wonder a bit how to play him was the sizing of his pre-flop raises. If he opened, it would be anywhere in the neighborhood of $16-$24 (8-12 BB's). What sorts of hands do you like to play w/ him? Do you bother 3 betting pre-flop since it seems you can get all his money post-flop anyway? Remember that we can't wait forever since he'll bleed off all his chips relatively soon.

Here's a specific hand I had against him that confused me a bit.

SB 570.65
BB 342.85
Hero 566.40
CO 638.10
BN 278.35

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 8, 2 folds, SB raises to 50 total, Hero ??

He didn't seem to 3 bet pre-flop light at all. What do you like to do here? We're reasonably deep, so I wasn't sure what would be a good line.

Of course, I could just shove here and gamble it up, but there certainly will be better situations to get it all in against a guy like this.

Thanks for your thoughts.