View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Ok so I thought I would throw my name into the mix here.

I have thought about getting a coach for a long time and have recently started sessions with Bobofitos. While I think I have a solid knowledge of all the basics and fundamentals I still struggle in certain situations. My worst flaw is still tilt. I use to play at 100nl but have decided to drop down to 25nl while I work out my issues with tilt and lay a solid foundation upon which to build.

I started to play poker about 4 years ago. I took 50$ into a live 4/8 game and in 8 months turned it into 24,000$ after jumping up to 15/30 for most of that run. To be honest I simply played tight and ran hot. There was nothing about those winnings that really showed anything other than I was getting lucky.

During this time I also played in a number of tournaments (I absolutely hate outing myself like this but oh well)
#11 here
http://www.canadianpokertour.tv/cpt/...ment.asp?t=145
and
#4 here
http://www.canadianpokertour.tv/cpt/tournament.asp?t=19

Since Dec of last year I have tried to lear NL online and it has exposed numerous flaws in my game. Tilt is one of them.

My goals are simple - to become a proven winning player from the ground up. I am trying to accomplish that starting at 25nl. Either I will earn $1,000 or put in 30K hands before I move up. (assuming I have a positive win rate after 30K hands)

Unfortunately I can't provide samples of strategy posts as most of my posts were posting hands and answer hand posts. Most of my posts in trying to help others occur on other sites.

Finally a little about me. I'm an IT contractor and poker is not my main source of income. I play between 5 and 10K hands a month. I'm expecting my first baby in April and so I hope to accomplish a lot of my poker goals over the next 5 months as I will not have a lot of time thereafter.

Sweat sessions are exactly the kind of mentoring I believe I need. I find I learn better, faster during the moment. I'm definitely not as susectable to tilt

I'm located in Alberta Canada (Mountain Standard Time) so co-ordination between us would best on the weekend.