View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Jermain Taylor vs. Kell Pavlik 9-29

[ QUOTE ]
Quick fact: No Steward trained fighter has lost after going to Emmanuel's camp in the Poconos to train, where Taylor trained for this. (17-0)

[/ QUOTE ]

Really that is a pretty cool stat. I was there last week Emmanuel Steward and about 20 fighters from Knonk were there as well. It was cool because the summer is over so the place was deserted. It was literally my family, 2 others and all the boxers. So we basically ran into Jermain and the others everywhere- gym, dinner, pool etc.

Everyone was pretty chill, the workouts were open to the public so we went down for a few hours and stood next to the ring watching them spar, jump rope and hit the bags. Jermain Taylor autographed the beater he worked out in the last day and gave it to me. Andy Lee, Kermit Cintron, James Cintron, Jon Banks, and Aaron Pryor Jr. were the other auto's I got.

For what it is worth it didn't seem like Jermain was the one preparing for a huge fight this weekend. I only watched them train about 1-2 hours per day so its possible I just missed Jermain with his game face on, but he seemed to be goofing around some while a guy like Andy Lee was being a workout warrior. I'm just staying away from betting this fight now. I was on board for Pavlik but now after meeting him I can't root against Jermain. Great matchup that I don't mind watching as a fan and not having money at risk.