View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Blind war, small PP OOP against a LAG

[ QUOTE ]
What about 3-betting the flop then c/c the turn/river if you've decided to get to showdown?

It has the advantages of getting in that third bet on the flop while you likely have the best hand, while avoiding more than 2BBs going in between the turn and river. It might also help setup future plays against similar guys (particularly if this hand gets to showdown) that'll allow you to 3bet the flop then C/R the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the worst of all possible worlds; they get to potentially see the river for free without any money going in on the turn, and the odd flop 3-bet, turn check may make even the most laggiest lag's eyebrows go up, making it much more unlikely he'll bet the turn with air.

It's odd enough to give a shot in some situation, though -- I think it might be more +EV in a situation where I had nothing but air and don't prefer a river check/call (possibly inducing a bluff) to a river bet.

Though if I was on a pure bluff I'd be more likely to 3bet the flop, lead the turn and river and pray he didn't play back at me.