View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Won $ at SD NLCASH

I personally don't think w$sd is too important. If my winrate is high, I must be doing something right.

A word on POWs. If anyone reads Brian Townsends blog (aba20,sbrugby) you'll have seen that he said a couple weeks ago that a trait of a good player is WHY they call. He gave an example of having A8 on a 2KQ84 (or somethign like that) board. The A8 potted pre otb, then flop was chk/pot/call, turn was chk/chk, and river villain led for pot. He said that most people who have qj here say "i have a pair of q's i call" but they'll fold A8, when in fact both hands only beat a bluff, because most villains wont vbet a q on the river.

This is very sound advice. Calling w/ two pair when there is four to a straight or four a flush on the board is a call that can obviously only beat a bluff. But if you call w/ 2p here will you call w/ tptk? Probably not.

When I make questionable plays I question myself what I would do with hands right above or below the one I have. If I would just call w/ tptk, but raise with bottom two pairs, then there is a problem because those hands have the same relative strength.