View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Folded bottom set on draw heavy board (live, 10-25 @ Rio)

[ QUOTE ]
Not just 67 suited. If I had a small flush draw, I'd be trying to drive LOP out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come one. I just bet $600 into 4 people, including the tight preflop raiser. Someone has already called out of turn. Raising with a small flush draw here seems suicidal, and this guy didn't at all seem like the aggressive type. That is what led me to fold. 67s was the only hand I could expect to be ahead of here, and I wasn't even sure if he was capable of limping in EP with that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Add all the likely flush draws with other things going on (65 86 89 T9 T8) and you almost have a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. There was a lot of huge draws out there (flush draw with gutshot, etc.). But remember that another player has already cold called out of turn, and the button is yet to act.

[ QUOTE ]

If you offer 25 to see his hand for nothing, why not give up a smidgeon in equity (worst case scenario) to see his cards and gambooool. At least you learn more about his game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking I was probably drawing to one out, and wasn't really in the mood for that kind of gamble!