Thread: Stiffing
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Stiffing

I stiffed the wait staff twice in the past week and felt pretty good about it both times.

The first time was at Miyake's where I had this for lunch

The waiter was kind of a punk but that didn't bother me. What bothered the heck out of me was having to wait 10 minutes to pay my bill because the cashier took a break. My bill was $14.75 and all I had was a $20. When the cashier gets done being a lazy worthless [censored], he asks me if I want my change in one dollar bills. I was still going to leave a tip until he asked that question.

Then this past weekend I had breakfast at Costeaux .

The restaurant looked good from the outside. It was what you would expect from downtown Healdsburg, CA. This is a place with lots of groovy rich California people, tourists and homosexuals. I don't have anything against any of these groups. I'm just painting a picture of the atmosphere at this place. Anyways, the restaurant was filthy. The service sucked. It took them 15 minutes to get a cup of coffee in front of me. I had to ask for a refill (total BS, IMO). Our food took forever and tasted just OK. The place was not particularly busy. As a former food service worker I was not at all impressed by the effort from Team Costeaux. I felt good stiffing those clowns also.