View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: NL100 QQ in BB ugly action

I don't see great value in shoving on this spot. I'm much more into calling, even being OOP.

Calling you accomplish 2 things:

1. (that's the most important reason) If, after the flop, you read his hand as being AK (he was probably calling your shove anyway), and if you call and only let villain see three cards, you increase substantially your equity. If the flop is Q-high just slowplay.

2. If the flop is low cards and he has AA or KK, you're going broke anyway, and so does he if he has JJ or TT. You can run into a set of jacks of course, but I think the odds that villain flops a set are pretty much counterfeited by the chances the flop is going to be low cards and you're stacking him or flop will be high cards and kill the action.
Also, by calling you can confuse him into thinking you have AK yourself, making less likely that villain will bluff you out on scare cards.

After the flop my line would be:

1. High cards- check/fold to any substantial bet, If he bets less than half, I'm pushing. If he checks, I'm going broke on the turn anyway.

2. Low cards- can be played in a variety of ways

3. JTx- check/fold since you're only beating AK and AQ.

I'd appreciate some comments on my thinking.

Edit: shame on the OP who posted the results only 3 hours after creating the thread