View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 5/10 deep AA tough river

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, the fact that a good player should probably turn something like 99 into a bluff by the river makes me want to call. But he might be overcome by the fact that 99 beats Ak and check it back even though he probably shouldnt on that river. If I had a set here id probably value shove myself. So my hand is pretty defined as one pair right? Given what my hand is defined ass, AA is the strongest part of that and if he is playing well and realizes my range he should be shoving as a bluff alot because the only things I can call with are AA AQ KK. I doubt hes value shoving KK because he doesnt need to turn that into a bluff and there isnt so much value, but it is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you shoving a set and not aa? how do they differ here besides when villain has specifically qt? i think your frequencies are off in this spot if i'm understanding you correctly.

as far as the hand goes i think you should bet slightly bigger on flop and turn so the river stacks are slightly less than a psb. as it is i'd fold, though there certainly is an argument for calling against many opponents.