View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 5)

Sluss,

I have actually said a few times that everyone needs to hold on the "Cowboys are going to walk through the NFC" talk and said they are going to lose some games that they were supposed to win or heavily favored--whatever. Of course they aren't supposed to beat NE but after that they are going to be favored the rest of the season. No chance they are 15-1, more like 11-5 or 12-4 which means they are going to lose some games that are going to alert the public and cause those knee-jerk reactions to ripple through internet and media.

Everyone has a problem of getting way to dramatic one way or the other--they were playing at a really high level so everyone's thoughts were through the roof (not saying this was you) but what happens is when they play like crap--which it is inevitable they will--these thoughts come crashing down harder than ever and now the second-guessing is coming from every nook and cranny. It is the Yankee and Red Sox treatment.

In Assani's thread I said NE and Indy deserved to be in their own class until the other teams prove otherwise. This is b/c those two teams seem to be the only teams that seem to never really waiver from what they are able to do on the field every week. Dallas has the team to beat both of them--they beat Indy last year--but this means little b/c they are a young team that seems to have a greater standard deviation than NE/Indy who seem to bring what they are going to offer every week.

Also, I see what you're saying about that Chi game now.