View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel...wrist issues...anyone have this?

Wrist stretches

They are kind of hard to explain so I'll just type in the instructions from the sheet I have:
1. Wrist flexor. 3-5 times. 2x day. Keeping elbow straight, grasp involved hand and slowly bend wrist backward until a stretch is felt. Hold 30 secs. My therapist explained all of these stretches should be medium pressure. Don't kill yourself but feel a good stretch.
2. Wrist Extensor. Same as previous but bend wrist down (invert the position).
3. Isometric wrist flexion. 5-10 seconds. 3-5 times. 2x sessions day. With involved forearm resting palm-up on thigh, resist upward movement of hand with other hand as shown. Basically push down with one hand (palms facing) while resisting w/ the other. Hands are crossed perpindicular.
4. Isometric wrist extension. 5-10 secs. 3-5 times. 2x day. Reverse previous. One hand resists the other. Now with palm on the back of the hand.
5. Wrist extension. 30 secs. 3-5 times. 2x day. Sitting w/ elbows on table and palms together, slowly lower wrists to table until a stretch is felt. Be sure to keep palms together throughout the stretch.
6. Towel roll squeeze. 10-12x per set. 3 sets per session. 2 sessions per day. With forearm resting on surface gently squeeze towel.