View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Knowing your math. Basic draws.

*GRUNCH*

1: We probably have 9 outs, maybe less if he has a set which is possible considering he c/r the flop which isn't all that dry (maybe to charge draws). So there is 120 in the pot and we need to call 40 so were getting 3 : 1. We are 9/37 to make our hand or 4.1 : 1. We are calling 40 so need to win 165 on average to make it breakeven which means on the river we need to win 45. The pot will be 160 with 120 effective stacks. IMO we will be able to win more than 45 on average making it a +EV call.

2: I think villains range is pretty wide on the flop here because the board is pretty dry, he also seems like the kind of player that likes to float. I would probably c/r the turn here sometimes as I think he folds quite a lot, and c/c it sometimes too. This may be off though....

3: We have 8 outs so are 4.9 : 1 to make our hand. We have to call 44 so need to win 215 to make it +EV. There is 120 in the pot so we need to win 95 on the river. The pot will be 164 and the effective stacks 163. IMO villain isn't bluffing here very often and I don't think he has a draw either, unless he had something like KQss. So considering we need only to win just over a 1/2 psb on the river I think that given his range we should be able to do this, therefore I call.

Thoughts??