Thread: Draw HH Tracker
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Draw HH Tracker

Hmm... You can't get a read on a player without the HUD numbers? That's probably because you play a lot of tables, not because it's on the internet... But it's just my crummy 2c, as usual... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And of course the HUD numbers is a (crude) read on a player. You don't think that knowing if a player is tight or loose is a first/basic/crude read on a player? Not much meat, but still a read.

Also, there's no need to "level the playing field" between B&M and online poker. To level the playing field is to make sure that all competitors in a competition are competing under the same conditions, NOT to make sure that competitors in DIFFERENT competitions are competing under the same conditions...

And anyway, I think that the note taking features in most poker clients should be enough to compensate for not being able to see your opponents.

But, whatever ones opinion on that is, everyone should be able to see, I think, that, in the discussion on level playing fields, third party support software like HUDs are of course making the playing field (in online poker) LESS level, rather than more! That IS the reason that you are using that kind of software, to get a playing field that is more to your advantage compared to your opponents that is not using that kind of support software.