View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guys aren't friends with girls, they are just trying to get sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have female friends who i am not attracted to, but i kind of agree. i wouldn't go so far as to say guys are just interested in sex, but i think there is often some level of mutual attraction in most male-female relationships.

[/ QUOTE ]

That this throws people so incredibly severely shows how much our society has regressed, or at least never matured. Whatever happened to happy, harmless flirting?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't mean to say that any male-female relationship has a mutual attraction and therefore must result in sex. my point was that it's something worth bearing in mind b/c by and large people are more likely to get close to members of the opposite sex that they find attractive in some way or another. we could argue all day why, i'm just pointing it out. this doesn't preclude anyone form establishing a relationship w/someone who isn't beautiful, but experience tells me that it's less likely(for better or for worse).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If one isn't attracted to multiple people one has no intention of pursuing, said "one" must be living entirely indoors or be full of sh*t. You move on, you can even be friends, you can even flirt. And then you go home to your partner and it counts for exactly zero, besides the little bit of amusement and affirmation it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, it counts for as much as you allow it to. however, i also think casual attraction can blossom into something greater, very easily.