View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

Interesting idea. I've had women question why I wanted to be with them, when I seemed brighter or more driven than they were, and it made them feel like they couldn't possibly keep up. Yet I had plenty of problems of my own, and limitations, and even fully acknowledging their limitations as real, were I to do so, wouldn't change the fact of my own shortcomings or make them less appropriate mates. The truth is that we all have to make compromises more or less odd or unexpected, and sometimes the burden is over-rated. Making compromises is the norm, and being relatively happy with them probably is too. Who can be a perfect match in every way to someone? Who has no areas that need work yet even at the same time no areas that particularly outshine one's partner?

But there are limits. My brother introduced me to a lady worth about $40 million the other week, a good friend he really hoped I could get with. She was beautiful. I wasn't up to it. And I think it was fairer and more realistic to the both of us that I wasn't.