View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, in order to get mainstream media cable news channels to cover this in a way that is more critical of AP is impossible without it immediately launching into an attack against all online poker. Not saying whether this is a cumulative positive or negative, but I think it is all or nothing, realistically, pr-wise for online gaming as a whole.

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

Understand me very clearly when I say that this post is 100% correct and we are trying to walk a very fine line. We are not done with AP by a long shot, but we have to proceed in a way that exposes the one rotten apple in the basket and does not throw away the entire thing.

As I said, expect more dramabombs. However, do not expect the media to be able to savage AP without also savaging online poker *until* AP is fully exposed as a rogue operator. That would be unrealistic, since the only way they can do a balanced story is by letting AP respond, however stupidly. In the meantime, we are doing our best to get there without upsetting the apple cart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think online poker is safer today than it was a month ago.