View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: [150NL] 88 Flopped set 550bb\'s Deep

[ QUOTE ]

I can see why it is psychologcally more likely that villain will only do this with huge hands and therefore how we need to weight that into our decision making. But I don't think it's correct to play like that for villain (if he does he shouldn't play deep or move down imo).
I think one should bet X into a pot of X with the same hands no matter how big X is. I'm not saying this is the correct approach but it's the way I'm currently thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble with this is that with bigger stacks relative to the blinds the ranges narrow due to the room for previous action in the hand. If you're playing 1-2NL with 1 million dollar stacks and on the river someone bets 300k as a value-bet it's nothing to do with psychology that he is likely to have a much narrower (to put it mildly) range than if he bet 60 as a value bet with $200 stacks. It's because there must have been a lot of freaking action for the pot to get that big and every time there's a bet or raise players are likely to have better hands than we could put them on before that action. Or am I being leveled?