View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: [150NL] 88 Flopped set 550bb\'s Deep

[ QUOTE ]

No one is saying to fold because the bet is big in absolute terms. It has everything to do with number of big blinds at play.

to use an exaggeration, surely you see why a $5 bet into a $5 pot on the river in a $1/2nl game is not evaluated the same way as a $1000 bet into a $1000 pot in some super deep sick $1/$2nl game, and not because its absolute size is different but because ranges get tighter as number of big blinds at risk increase.

Upon muchos consideration I'm calling here but I just wanted to point that out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see why it is psychologcally more likely that villain will only do this with huge hands and therefore how we need to weight that into our decision making. But I don't think it's correct to play like that for villain (if he does he shouldn't play deep or move down imo).
I think one should bet X into a pot of X with the same hands no matter how big X is. I'm not saying this is the correct approach but it's the way I'm currently thinking.
And since I'm probably not capable of judging the mental state of a villain online I might underestimate the effects.

p.s.: Out of curiosity...how many players out of 1000 do you think would have the balls to play air like this (or turn some hand like AK into a bluff) knowing hero might fold the third nuts here?
I think I couldn't.