View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Which Groups *DO NOT* Deserve a Seat on the PPA Board?

Skall,

The high probability is that Franks/Weixler doesn't pass this year. In fact if you believe a story/interview on the G911 site, Franks believes that as well. So then we shift to the mid to long term. It is that longer term where it is *critical* to work on mulitple initiatives, like B&M and intra-state online at the state levels, which will heighten the visibility of the poker issue and help legalize online poker. But with a board majority who not only doesn't benefit from B&M and intra-state online poker, but whose interests can be harmed by legalization of same, then they are in fact harming the longer term chances of online poker.
Let's face it, if either intra-state online poker or better yet mulit-state (like the lotto), comes to pass, all those affiliate farms are SOL.

Also look at what types of business necessarily have the most tied into the specific business models of online sites. It is the derivative type businesses like affiliate farms, certain advertisors, some software providers, etc. Thus they stand to have the most conflicts of interest and not be willing to work for what the broader membership of the PPA desires. Which is why they not only shouldn't be on the board, but certainly shouldn't constitute a majority of same.

And I have a question for you and some others here. What is so damn wrong with Allyn Shulman and Linda Johnson resigning from the PPA board and being replaced not with their cronys, but with some other qualified members like the Engineer? If some of those board members really cared more about the PPA instead of their own vested interests, and also wanted to put this issue to rest as you do, then they would resign on their own today.