View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Standard bet/call?

I guess everyone is saying bet/call, I still dont know how I feel about it cause against a range of AQ+ and TT+ we only have 38% equity I think and that's assuming QQ stacks off, if it doesn't then we only have 36%. I decided that although there were a lot of ugly cards that can come, he is almost always betting this flop and I can therefore get a better idea of how strong he is by his bet size(he was fishy) and proceed accordingly (probably shove). I 3bet J10o pf here because I had not played many hands and BTN was a TAG stealing a lot of blinds, therefore since my perceived 3betting range here is probably tight, I am almost never going to be called by a competent TAG with a hand that dominates me and I have good fold equity pre-flop, whereas when I 3bet KQ for instance here with a tight perceived range, I will often end up dominated if called, I do 3bet KQ from the blinds but usually only if I expect to be called by dominated hands either because I have been 3betting a lot or because villain is loose pre-flop.