View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Do I have to attend my friends wedding in Cabo?

Ok, I'll try and keep this short. I just bought a condo and in my first year of ownership my budget is very tight because I won't see my tax break until over a year from now, so I have little disposable income. One of my best friends who I've known for ~10 years is getting married in Cabo in order to demonstrate how much money he has. It will cost me ~$1200 all inclusive to spend a 3 day weekend there. There will be few (none that I know of for sure)single girls and it will mostly be a our married friends. In essence I will be more or less a joker to keep everyone entertained with my wild antics and stories of single life.

In order to go, I will have to give up going on a 7-day ski trip or beach trip or any other vacation that I would choose to go on myself for the year.

Personally, I think it's retarded to go to Mexico to get married because it transfers a lot of the cost of a wedding directly onto your friends. Having said that, I would have no problem going if I wasn't in the first year of my mortgage.

How should I handle this?