View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Atkins Diet - Lets Discuss Pros/Cons/Experiences

It's like any diet. It works for some people and not for others. Some people love it, some hate it. Different people's bodies react differently to any kind of diet. All you can do is try it out and see how it goes. It won't be the first or last time you change your diet, anyway, so give it a shot.

My experience is more or less the same as guids. I cut out carbs for ~3 weeks or so when I want to cut a little fat.
It works great for me.

That's my 2 cents but the real reason I want to post in this thread is to post a recipe. It's called wilted lettuce. It's awesome when you're eating low carb and you're tired of eating grilled chicken, feta, and olive oil salads but you need to get some fiber.

One dozen eggs
One pound of bacon
One head of lettuce
Mayonnaise

Hardboil the eggs.
Chop up the head of lettuce in a big mixing bowl.
Chop up the pound of bacon.
Put the eggs in cold water for about ten minutes.
Start cooking bacon while the eggs are cooling off.
Peel the eggs, chop them up and throw them in with the lettuce.
Throw in three heaping scoops of mayo with a serving spoon. I don't know the exact measurement but the spoon is maybe 1 1/2-2x the size of a tablespoon. Start with two scoops if you're not sure. You don't want too much mayo.
Finish cooking the bacon and drain it VERY well.
Throw the bacon in and mix it all together and it's done.

This stuff might sound a little strange but trust me, it's awesome. I make at least one batch every time I cut out carbs for a few weeks.