View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blowing .08-.10 is 5-6 beers in an hour in most guys (180-200 lbs). If a person isn't impaired at all 5-6 beers downed in a hour, they are probably an alcoholic. Most people are significantly impaired 5-6 down, but if someone isn't, and that someone is driving, that person is heading down a dark road.

[/ QUOTE ]
You stumbled across another interesting point about why the laws are effed: people who are regular drinkers function "normal" at much higher BAC thresholds than those who are light/occasional drinkers. Take the guy I know who 8+ hours after his last drink was still somehow >.03, despite not being hungover or drunk. From what I've discerned he probably has a problem with the bottle but deliberately never, ever drives after drinking anymore to avoid putting himself or others at risk or to get popped again.

As for the "dark road" where they are over the legal limit but can function just fine, are you suggesting that people be punished for having a problem with alcohol? That's sort of adding insult to injury, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, Tuq you are retarded. There is a huge difference between feeling impaired and being impaired. No human being can blow a .08 and not be measurably impaired despite how totally in control they feel.