View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Stratosphere Poker Room - Suggestions and Improvements

Thanks for asking for our suggestions.

Here are my thoughts:

-Take advantage of the tower. Whenever someone I know comes to Vegas, I usually end up taking them to the top of the tower. Most of my friends who visit want to play some low-limit poker, but we never end up playing at the Stratosphere even if we are already there. Since the tower is the Stratosphere's only real tourist draw, if there was some poker room advertising up there you might be able to pull poker players like me and my visiting friends into the room after going to the top of the tower.

-Try out some gimmicks. As it stands, there's no real reason to play poker at the Stratosphere. It doesn't offer anything that other low-limit rooms don't offer better, but you can change that by offering up some things that nobody else does. For example, I've heard of cardrooms holding bounty tournaments where the traditional prize structure is abandoned and instead you win cash for each player you knock out of the tourney. These tournaments sound like a lot of fun, but I've never played in one because I've never seen them offered before. I'm not claiming that bounty tournaments will make or break your room, but if you try out enough fresh ideas you might hit upon some things that will bring customers into your room.

Good luck...