View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: (60) QQ...I got check-called-led-turneded

[ QUOTE ]
Standard, yes.

But the action to this point does make it fun to speculate a bit about MP & his hand.

A "solid" player isn't check-calling this flop (considering the hands that have brought him to this point).

So, if he's your run-of-the-mill donk, what is he doing PF, flop, turn?

If leading the turn is a sign of aggression (into the PF raiser & flop pot'r), what is he telling us? And where was this aggression on the flop?

Does a flopped set not lead or c-raise the flop?
What about AT/5/9? Spiking his 2nd pair, is he not killing the action some vs. the aggressor?
Might not AT(or even 9) lead the flop, or maybe even c-raise? Again...a more 'aggressive' line.

Does a naked Ace cold-call the flop lead?

If cold-calling the flop is 'setting us up' for the big move on the Turn, isn't a c-raise more likely from this type?

Limp/raise-calling the flop, cold-calling the flop, are both indicative of a more loose-passive approach. Leading on a 'scare' card Turn (a reasonable assumption he may make with our solid flop c-bet), might just also mean he has a host of other hands we are still ahead of (draws, PP's, peices+).

A bit early to be able to piece this together I suppose, but stuff to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

good thoughts.

without a read, given hero's small pfr, villan's range is going to be wider than a normal cold caller's imo (PPs, medium aces+, s/c, suited broadway perhaps.

The almost pot size lead on the turn is suspicious to me. Would two pair or a set doing this. maybe T9? AK raises pf me thinks. AQ could float the flop but the turn bet would be makes no sense.

Without the wacky action folding this turn would be standardish and i would still let it go.

Why such a small pfr?