View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: How to build credit

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you disclose such information if you are afraid of people "judging" you? I don't remember any conversation I've had where someone has said "I have 20 credit cards making me $8,000 a year" and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone about an app-o-rama if I ever did one

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you feel it should be kept secret that implies there is something shameful. I don't believe in doing something that if it became public I'd be embarrassed.

Also it is on your credit report. So anyone with access to that will know. If you rent the landlord will know. Your bank will probably know. Somebody who is a few degrees of separation away from your group will know.

Mail gets delivered to the wrong address. I've received my neighbour's credit card statement and bank statement by mistake. People snoop when they come over so you'd basically have to be careful to never leave anything out.

---------

It really has nothing to do with making $500k or any amount. Assuming the individual wanted minimal risk they would make a 5-6% return. To make the $6k they would need $100k in credit. To get that much credit I assume they have to have considerably above average incomes.