View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: got a job interview...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I received an email from a company I don't remember applying to. I re-read the job description and it doesn't appear that I am in any way qualified for the position. The job is also local to my university city, a city in which I never planned to stay. There is a very small chance that I will accept any offer that is made.

Is it ethical for me to accept the interview for the main purpose of practicing my interview skills?

[/ QUOTE ]

Id have a huge problem with doing this. That company is spending time and resources to interview you. I wouldnt feel right wasting their time and money. If you dont want the job then dont go to the interview. Ive done about 100 interviews and could give you some pointers if you are really desperate.

Richard

[/ QUOTE ]

Time and resources? Whatever man.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, a lot of resources are devoted to these things. Especially at good companies that give a [censored] and make an effort to get good solid people. I've recently been doing a bunch of interviewing and it definitely takes time and energy from me. In fact we're probably averaging a cost of 3-4 hundred per person we interview.

That being said, I don't have a problem with you doing the interview. If they offered you an interview they see something they like or are interested in and they're going to try and sell you the company if they like you. I also think its valuable experience. Every interview makes you that much better, and believe me, there are lots of bad interviewees out there.