View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Live $50NL, OOP w/QQ, facing AI reraise

Weekly Home Game .25/.50 NL texas holdem 9 players.

Button Villian has $42
X
X
UTG $80
UTG+1 $60
MP Hero $61
X
X
CO ($6)

Have played with Villian for almost a year. He is good player, reads me well, is aggressive, and consistent winner at this weekly game. I have been getting better at reading him, and standing up to him. Table sees me as on tilt, and I am a slight bit.

Tonight my standard PF raise has been $2.50 to $3, but I have limped many many a pot tonight. More than usual. There is virtualy no PF $3 raise that does not get one of not two callers.

PREFLOP: Hero is in Middle Position and Dealt QQ.

UTG limps
aggressive UTG+1 limps
1 fold
HERO RAISES to $5
fold to Villian on button
VILLIAN goes all-in for $42 total
All Fold to me and I think ....

I put him on AA, KK, or AK, with a 10% chance of lower PP. I discount the bluff and the more I think about it I discount the lower PP. I discount AA based on my knowledge of him, leaving KK or AK. KK is only 10% likely based on my reads like the AA, that eventually drops to 0% in my mind so I am "positive" it is AK. I have him covered and call.

He turns over: <font color="white"> A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] </font>

Results ... well they don't really matter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Raise more PF next time? Fold that next time?

There are at least three people for the next while who will clearly remember I agonized over calling with pocket Qs. I believe they will use this knowledge to try and bully me around, thinking if I have trouble calling that situation with QQ, then they can push me off a lot of better hands PF. I significantly up in this game over the last several months, and am thinking of using some of that bankroll to call a lot of check-raises and re-raises from these individuals for a while, and potentially lose some of those earnings, to make they donot get the idea I can be pushed around
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Hopefully that is true!!