View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Jeez.....These Debates Suck

[ QUOTE ]

Not to lose your vote Gobbomom, but Paul doesn't view it as an issue of privacy, although that is very important and the reason he doesn't vote for these trafficking underage girls for abortion between states laws or whatever. He views it as an issue of life and a violent crime against it. It's not like the woman is able to just cut the feeding tube, she's literally killing the baby. (Sorry, the abortionist is killing the baby.)

As far as Federal laws go though, he'd like Roe v. Wade overturned and it to return to the states. There's basically nothing within his power as President though on this issue. He'll probably come down as moderately pro-choice during his tenure as he'll veto the only anti-abortion related laws that do get to his desk because they'll be ones like interstate laws for trafficking chicks going for abortions.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the clarification. I assumed wrongly about his opinion based on his Libertarian stances, obviously. I'll admit it makes me view him skeptically on this issue. I'm still undecided between Paul and Obama, and it's their viewpoints on individual rights that I'm using to decide my support.