View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Not sobern and at home, ooops!

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: My fathers neighbor gave me a bottle of 1994 Samuel Adams Triple Bock just for the hell of it.

Beat: It's worth more in the bottle and suposedly gets better with age so I don't really want to open it.

Variance: Looked on some beer discussion forums and it's either a great hit or serious miss with connoisseurs.

Thoughts? Personal experience with this beer? Bastard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was very, very disappointed with the SA Double Bock. I almost couldn't finish it. Someone reviewed the triple bock in the beer club thread and gave it a -1/5, the lowest rating in the thread. If this beer actually has some value, I'd advise going with the low variance option - sell it, and buy something most everyone agrees is awesome. I'd look and see if you can find a four pack of the Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock (my favorite of the style). Heck, see what other exotic greats you could track down: North Coast's Old Rasputin, Flying Dog's Gonzo Imperial Porter, Unibroue's Trois Pistoles, or, heck, the mighty Westvleteren 12 if you're a real balla and can find a good distributer. These are some strong, dark beers that are almost universally loved in the beer thread.