View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

I would love some assistance. My apologies in advance if this is a total dweeb post/request.

I'm totally new to fantasy basketball, with decent experience in baseball and football. I joined a 12-team Yahoo! dynasty H2H league and the draft is coming up in just a couple of days. I'm trying to do my research, but can see myself being easily overwhelmed once the draft starts.

Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
Maximum keepers: 8
Keeper draft slot: -2

Questions
---------
As a general strategy, I see some advocacy of punting one or two categories in H2H in order to gain bigger edge in majority of other categories. Is that a reasonable consensus view of best way to manage an H2H team, or just one of several equally good approaches?

Does it make sense to use a pick on Greg Oden this year, and if so, where to take him?

In a 2-center league, when do I need to think about having the centers on board?

I know value is obviously relative to where a guy is drafted, but would appreciate feedback on the following targeted players in this format, if taken in the round I list (I'm not asking you to react to every single one, just maybe the ones that jump out as over- or under-valued, like/hate):

Rd 1
LeBron James
Gilbert Arenas
Amare Stoudamire

Rd 2
Andre Iguodala
Chris Paul
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Josh Smith

Rd 3
Al Jefferson
Baron Davis

Rd 4
David West
Brandon Roy
Leandro Barbosa
Josh Howard

Rd 5
Kevin Durant
Kevin Martin
Luol Deng
Zach Randolph
LaMarcus Aldridge

Rd 6
Corey Maggette
Monta Ellis
Jason Terry
Danny Granger

Rd 7
Al Harrington
Andrea Bargnani
Rudy Gay

Rd 8
Rajon Rondo
Jameer Nelson

Rd 9
Al Horford
Tyrus Thomas

Rd 10
Larry Hughes
Troy Murphy

Rd 11
Anthony Parker
Channing Frye

Rd 12
Brevin Knight
Yi Jianlian
Jorge Garbajosa

Rd 13
Luis Scola

Rd 14
Derek Fisher
Travis Outlaw

Rd 15
--

Rd 16
Joakim Noah
Robert Swift

Rd 17
Louis Williams

Finally, who's missing from the above list that you absolutely LOVE in this format?

Thanks very much for any and all feedback.