View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 3SP: A new NLHE format that requires skill, not recklessness.

I have to run here in a few but thanks for the lively discussion! A couple of points:

All in or nothing is a good strategy for a novice but only if the ratio of novices to players is 1:4 or less. More than that, it turns into bingo.

Regarding pushboting: Mid tourney and later anything goes! To me, that's when NLHE really comes into it's own. It's only the abuse of going all in as it happens in the first third of an MTT that drives me nuts. After the first 4-5 levels, things settle in quite nicely.

RE: Not playing freerolls... I wish that were a viable option but, for now, it's not. Maybe soon though...

To me, the whole point of this isn't to replace NLHE MTT's but to offer a side-by-side alternative... particularly in freeroll and low buy in events. I'm only advocating this format adjustment in the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the MTT... the final half should stay just as it is. Mid tourney is where good judgement is rewarded most, and all-ins become an offensive weapon. In the later stages all-ins are a survival tool as the blinds keep escalating... and so becomes a defensive, as well as offensive weapon.

Larger buy in events probably see far fewer maniacs... and having a few is fine. It's only when every tourney you enter seems to be over run by them that it gets discouraging.

And I'll pull up that February article on spread limit now so I can read it later, thanks.

Thanks guys, off to watch a movie with my kids. They're in from across the country so I'm going to go enjoy the time with them.

Vorlin