View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

Tavares is fighting Tyson Griffin, of whom I've seen 3-4 fights and all were very good/exciting. His recent fight against Clay Guida was honestly one of the best MMA fights I've seen.

The Fitch vs Sanchez fight is more about Fitch than Sanchez, I don't really care about Sanchez either, but Fitch is apparently a beast and it should be good.

Jardine vs Liddell should be an entertaining, straight up slug-fest, kinda like how on the last UFC they paired up Kongo vs Cro Cop and kicks from both was pretty much all that was expected. Here its the same, except with fists. I doubt its gonna last very long, but don't be surprised if Jardine catches Iceman with something, as from what I've seen Iceman doesn't keep his hands up and exposes himself a lot (which lures people into coming after him, and he lands a counter and wins).

Machida avoids getting hit a lot ala Mayweather, and his opponent is a judo guy, so I can see it being a snoozefest, but it could be good. Machida seems like a guy that would just be really hard to beat.

I'm no expert, and these are just my opinions, but to me it looks like an enjoyable UFC. To be honest, I doubt were gonna see a bad UFC card anytime soon, as they go out of their way to provide entertaining pairings.