View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: 50nl - Does this look like a bluff to snap off?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I have top pair on a drawy flop I like to raise to find out where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is usually a bad reason to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but it's not the only reason. I also figure to have the best hand, so shouldn't I deny him a free card to beat me?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I figure that if I get reraised I'm usually beat and if they just call then I tend to put them on a draw or a hand that I can probably get them off of.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm villain in your hand, I'm usually 3-bet shoving the nut flush draw or some other big draw to try to make you fold the hand you were "raising to find out where you were at." Do you see the problem with your line now?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he shoves with those too, his range is still way ahead of me.

Board: Qh 2d Th
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 33.929% 29.40% 04.53% 20372 3141.00 { QdJd }
Hand 1: 66.071% 61.54% 04.53% 42646 3141.00 { QQ+, TT, 22, AhKh, AQs, AhJh, AhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, KJs+, QTs+, Jh9h, AQo, KJo+, QTo+ }

I'm also making the same raise w/ AQ, combo draws, and sets, and calling a shove.

I've always thought that putting $6 in on the flop and finding out if I'm beat in this spot is better than $2 on flop, $4 on turn, and facing a river bet without a clue. By raising I give him the chance to fold the flop, and I get the momentum and the chance to push him out again. Is it more +ev to just get to showdown as cheaply as possible?

Thanks, Matt