View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:04 PM

Default I look like a TOTAL idiot and don\'t adjust... standard

I was in an out-of-town 20-40 game that was CRAZY. Game had a 40-80 kill. In several pots people would open fold out of turn so that the previous winner could win an uncontested pot just to make the next pot a kill... like I said it was crazy.

Furthermore... in several kill pots... people were blind raising to 80, then re-blind three beating to 120... I already got snapped by capping these three blinds hands with KJ suited... flopping top pair, and betting it all the way for value... only to get snapped by some weird / blind draw. Oh well.

Anyways, I'm the youngest guy in the game and had a monster hit and run session the night before. I also have a loud mouth... so everyone hates me (for the most part).

Anyways, in about the first 6 orbits at the table I pick up JJ, AK, AQ, AJ, 99 ( basically a plethora of good starting hands). Unfortunately I miss every damn flop and have to fold most turns when it's two bets cold to me and I'm obviously beat.

So now I look like a raise / tilt monkey and need to learn how to manage my image / adjust my game. Of course I didn't adjust, continued to jam drawing hands and naked over cards on non scary boards... as expected I got called down by VERY mediocre holdings and got spanked for a couple grand.

This isn't really meant to be a bad beat vent session... I just need help in adjusting my live game when I'm running particularly bad.

Please HELP 2+2