View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: endgame, simplified hh. nlsng

This stuff is crazy talk, even with some of the "wider" shoves there is no range your opponent could call with profitably against you. Only big mistakes are shoving the big pairs. Once it gets down to less than 8bb I shove these, but you are losing a lot of value shoving these when you're not getting called very often. Even if your opponent suspects you might have limped with a big hand they won't get away from it if they hit a flop and a lot of guys are going to just shove over you as it's a great play against most people who limp preflop with high blinds (I shove any two against limpers with <10bb).
But why would you want to play a system anyway. There are a lot of shoves that are very opponent dependent, i.e. if guys only call with an ace/pair or the best kings, you can shove 10bbs with any two cards and show an automatic profit, whereas against a guy who will call with K7o (which is not a bad play if you are shoving very wide) then shoving trash is a huge -ev play. Same thing goes for calling. Definitely get one of the sng softwares and play with the quiz or review your hhs on them, there's really no excuse not to play this segment absolutely perfectly.