View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 PM

Default MacBook Pro problems

Ok I just purchased a MacBook Pro. I'm already having some problems. I installed OSX.5 since it came with MacBook but wasn't preinstalled. I then started BootCamp and configured the partition to take up about 2/3's of my Hard Drive Space. It then asked me to put in a Windows XP disk with SP2. I got a legal student copy from school that was a copy. I thought I made a good burn of it but apparently I was wrong. It rebooted and gave a message
"insert boot disk"
I fought with it, rebooting several times and finally got the cd out of the smart drive.
No matter what I did I couldn't get OSX to load up. I eventually rebooted holding down the C key and essentially I'm at the point now where I'm loading OSX.5 again.

Is this going to create a second instance of OSX.5? it saw the two partitions and I selected the partition where OSX was already on and it gave no errors, etc or messages items were duplicating. It just keeps chugging along.

I can probably get XP again from school and try again as far as bootcamp goes. I just want to make sure I'm not corrupting my OS by reinstalling.

Is there a way to completely wipe my Mac HD and start with a clean install and is this recommended? I really haven't done anything with it yet since I bought it today.

I really like the notebook but not sure if it's going to be worth the grief to use it as a windows machine. Problem is it's a 10% restock fee.