View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: SSNL Music Thread (n/c)

I listen to a pretty eclectic mix of music. I grew up on hip hop, but listen to quite a bit of house and rock as well. I find that hip hop and house are preferred for poker, however I find that I constantly have to pause when things get non-standard.

Hip Hop:
DJ Babu – Duck Season V1 and V1 – sick sick sick albums from a couple years back – DON’T SLEEP
Sound Bombin V2 and V3 – V2 is another Babu mix and is ILL. V3 is done by Mr. Choc or some ish – good songs – mixing isn’t beat Junky quality
Any J-Rocc Mixtapes – “One” is dope as are the Tasters Choice albums currently available on Turntable Lab
Nas / Jay Z / Ghostface / Old Wu-Tang solo albums – some Mos Def (although he can get kinda tired)
MF DOOM!!! – Illest MC / producer out there right now and it’s not close. If you like Cartoon Network ish, The Mouse and the Mask is a must have – really good / original concept.

House:
House of Om – Mark Farina – This is a GREAT album and I’m typically not a Farina fan – by far my most played lately
House of Om – DJ Sneak – good – not nearly as good as MFs mix, but good
DJ Dan – Live @ Ruby Skye, Lift D1, Beats for Freaks, - pretty much anything he does is good.

Rock:
The Strokes – best rock band evar – just great all around.
Dirty Pretty Things – couple good songs – this is the Libertines minus a couple douches

Ok, back to work for me.