View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Bankroll Requirements

[ QUOTE ]
it sounds like you're saying 20 buy-ins for a "full buy-in player" and 5 buy-ins for the site. i think this is a good plan for a player who is winning 0-5 ptbbs/100, but maybe a bit tight for players who win at a better clip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that if your winrate was over 5 bb/100s at these levels you would be MORE likely to have higher variance and need a bigger roll.

I can tell you from recent personal experience that it is possible to get get your money in in very good shape 10 times in a row and get blanked-- if you are a remotely aggressive player. (Not to mention sometimes when you are in worse shape than you thought).

The bankroll increments that I am suggesting are not guarantees that you will not have to move down or even that you won't go bust (obviously you have to be a winning player at each level in order to avoid eventually going bust) but the point is that I think that this is sufficient funding for each level to avoid typical variance such that you are not playing with scared money.

I think that these are reasonable bankroll levels to move up, or just as importantly, to move down if you are running poorly.