View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Cramer just recommended my gem, is it time to sell?

[ QUOTE ]
What were you objectives for purchasing this stock? If your objectives or reasoning have changed then you need to re-evaluate your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I planned on a medium term increase of 12% to 15% and then to take my term profit. Since it reached the top of my goal so quickly (which after Cramer touted it I thought it might) I sold this mornig at $41.58 for a 15.1% gain in nine calender days.

[ QUOTE ]
An emotional reaction to a TV show shouldn't be part of your strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with this line of thinking. Stock price fluctuations (in the short term) have more to do with emotion than actual values in the underlying fundamentals. This is one reason I watch Mad Money, he causes more emotional individual stock swings than most any other public figure as far as the massses are concerned. This is just the 2nd time I had been on a stock he touted. The other opportunity was RIMM, I made a very nice profit on it as well, too bad it has never stopped going up yet. LOL Even if CBRL continues upwards I met my goal and will go on with my research on other opportunities.

Thanks for the replies to this thread. I took some profit on ETFC earlier and just this momemt bought UA at $59.14 on the downgrade to neutral. This stock will rebound to somewhere in the $64 range a few days after earnings for the 3rd quarter are released.

Jimbo